Dr. Chang is the lead physician that administers JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC at Integrated Dermatology. By using her long-term injection techniques, she introduces subtle volume and smooths out fine lines just for the lip area along with touch-up volume to the rest of the face.
What is Juvederm Volbella XC?
When it comes to treating the lips, most patients want a smooth-looking result. With JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC, there is now a solution available for patients bothered specifically by lines around the lips, known as perioral lines.1 According to Allergan, 96% of people treated experienced improvement in satisfaction with their lips 3 months later.
Volbella is formulated with VYCROSS®,2 a proprietary filler technology from Allergan, which yields smooth products that have been engineered to address specific patient concerns.3
What are the benefits of Volbella?
- Volbella adds fullness to the lips and softens the appearance of the lines around the lips.2It is found to effectively increase lip fullness
- Soften the appearance of lines around the mouth in a majority of subjects through one year
- Volbella is the first and only filler proven to last up to 1 year for lips and vertical lip lines
Why should I choose Integrated Dermatology for my Juvéderm Volbella XC treatment?
At Integrated Dermatology, only certified physicians perform the JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC treatment. Our cost not only includes the price of the product, but more importantly, the skill and expertise of the physician who is administering your treatment.
Integrated Dermatology is a premier practice that has been awarded Black Diamond Status by Allergan – we are one of the only 1% of the practices in the nation to receive this honor. What does that mean? We are among the top 1% of all Allergen product portfolio which includes JUVÉDERM® XC in the US. We are grateful for our loyal patients who have helped us achieve this honor.
Will JUVÉDERM® XC Cosmetic make me look like I’ve had work done?
JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC Cosmetic is a technique-sensitive treatment. You should not lose the ability to show expression when someone who is licensed, trained, treats you and who is a medical expert in facial anatomy. It is important to talk to your doctor about the results you want from treatment. At Integrated Dermatology, only board certified dermatologists and physician assistants use JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC Cosmetics.
Does JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC Cosmetic treatment hurt?
Most of our patients here at Integrated Dermatology require numbing cream. Injections may cause some discomfort during and after the injection. If you are concerned about discomfort, your doctor may recommend applying a topical numbing cream before administering your treatment.
How long does the treatment take?
Our dermatology providers will discuss your treatment goals and perform a facial analysis to determine the appropriate treatments for you. The treatment involves numbing for 15 minutes and the actual injection process takes about 30 minutes.
How long is the recovery time after treatment?
Your physician will tell you what to expect following treatment with JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® injectable gel. Within the first 24 hours, you should minimize strenuous exercise and exposure to extensive sun or heat. Exposure to any of the above may increase temporary redness, swelling, and/or itching at the injection site. If there is swelling, you may need to place an ice pack over the swollen area. You should ask your doctor when makeup may be applied after your treatment.
When will I see results?
You may begin to notice results immediately after treatment with maximum results 4 weeks with results lasting 12months.
Will I need a follow up?
If this is your first time receiving JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC Cosmetic treatment here at Integrated Dermatology, it is recommended that you follow up with your health care provider around two weeks to make sure you have the desired effect.
Most patients need 1-2 treatments to achieve optimal wrinkle smoothing, and the results last about to 1 year. It is recommended that you make your subsequent JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC Cosmetic treatment appointments 12 months.
Do men receive JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC Cosmetic treatment?
Yes. JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC Cosmetic has also been clinically evaluated in male patients.
According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, 10% of all cosmetic procedures performed in the United States in 2014 were on men—that is more than 1 million cosmetic procedures. The number of cosmetic procedures for men increased by 273% from 1997 to 2014.
Do I need a cosmetic consultation to receive JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC Cosmetic?
During a cosmetic consultation, our dermatologists will discuss your treatment goals and perform a facial analysis to determine the appropriate treatments for you. It is recommended and required to receive the treatment.
Will I be able to receive the JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC Cosmetic treatment at the time of my Cosmetic Consultation?
You and your dermatology provider will discuss your treatment goals and discuss with you the timing of your treatment. For the most part, JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC Cosmetic can be done at the same day as the visit but sometimes it is case-by-case.
What is the cost of Volbella?
The number of syringes and treatments are dependent on the patient and desired results. Volbella treatment starts at $500.
Can I receive JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC Cosmetic when I am pregnant or nursing?
It is not recommended to receive JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC Cosmetic treatment if you are pregnant or nursing.
Are there any medical conditions that prevent me from receiving JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC Cosmetic?
Your physician will ask about your medical history to determine if you are an appropriate candidate for treatment. JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® injectable gel should not be used in patients who have severe allergies, marked by a history of severe reactions (anaphylaxis) or history or presence of multiple severe allergies and if you are allergic to lidocaine or to the proteins used to make the HA in JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® X
What are possible side effects?
The most common side effects include tenderness, swelling, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, pain, redness, discoloration, and itching. With JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC and JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC injectable gels, most side effects are mild or moderate and last 14 days or less.
Before the Procedure
- Avoid alcoholic beverages at least 24hours prior to treatment (alcohol may thin the blood, increasing the risk of bruising)
- Avoid anti-inflammatory/blood thinning medication ideally for a period of two weeks before treatment. Medications and supplements such as aspirin, vitamin E, ginkgo biloba, St. John’s Wort, ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve, and other NSAIDs are all blood thinning and can increase risk of bruising/swelling after injections.
- Schedule JUVÉDERM® appointment at least 2 weeks prior to a special event which may be occurring, i.e., wedding, vacation, family portrait, etc. It is not desirable to have a very special event occurring and be bruised from an injection which could have been avoided.
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your appointment for topical anesthesia of the treatment area.
- You may apply cool/ice pack to the area for 24 hours after treatment to reduce swelling and bruising.
- You may apply Arnica gel to the area or take oral Arnica if you would like.
- AVOID Aspirin, Motrin, Gingko Biloba, excessive garlic, Flax oil, Cod Liver oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, or any other essential fatty acids at least 3 days to 1 week before and after filler treatment.
- AVOID alcohol, caffeine, niacin supplement, high-sodium foods, high sugar foods, refined carbohydrates (you may eat fruit), spicy foods, and cigarettes 24-48 hours before and after treatment.
- Avoid vigorous exercise and sun and heat exposure for 24 hours after treatment.
- No makeup or lipstick until the next day. Earlier use can cause small pustules.
- Do NOT touch, press, rub or manipulate the treated areas for 6 hours after treatment. You can cause irritation, sores, and/or problems, and possible scarring if you do.
- One side may heal faster than the other side.
- You must wait 2 weeks before retreating or correction.